- Jun 27, 2022
- Posted by: clare
Location of position: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Employment type: Full time
This is a salaried role, where success is linked to a set of Key Performance Indicators, excellent client service, personal and professional development which includes the ability to generate own leads from networks, engage with prospective clients generated by the Marketing Team, successfully onboard and retain clients. The Consultant will be responsible for servicing the Johannesburg client base and initially work in conjunction with the current Consultant, along with a team at the Harvard House offices in Howick, KZN.
If you have a financial background, a passion for helping people identify with our values and mission statement, then please apply below. This ideal candidate may be a financial service associated professional who is looking to use their skills and experience to move into a new space of guiding High Net Worth clients in their financial decisions.
• To establish and maintain long term relationships with clients providing comprehensive financial solutions according to client needs.
• Build, manage and service a portfolio of both existing and new clients.
• Perform client annual reviews and courtesy contacts.
• Attend to client queries
• Analyze financial information obtained from clients to determine strategies for meeting clients financial objectives.
• Meet with prospective clients, position the Harvard House Philosophy and present a financial plan with recommendations by way of a formal proposal.
• Perform all necessary administrative duties associated with the above with the assistance from Administrative Consultants.
• Continuously broaden your knowledge base and to keep up to date technically by researching current trends.
• Be part of a team dynamic that strives for excellent customer service, sound, practical advice.
• Grow economic, financial, legal and tax knowledge to assess and advise portfolio clients on a broad range of financial issues.
• An undergraduate degree, preferably with a Financial bias.
• A post-graduate or professional qualification (eg BCom, CFP, CA (SA) etc) and Regulatory Exam (RE) 5 would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years industry related experience
• A working knowledge of Tax, Accounting, Financial acumen and Estate Planning would be a distinct advantage.
• Sound Word, Excel and Outlook literacy
• Good people skills, attention to detail and time management abilities.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
• Display a high level of confidence and good general knowledge.
• Confidence to deliver presentations to potential clients with support from the Marketing Team.
• Represent Harvard House at relevant seminars, presentations and meetings.