Accounting and Tax
Harvard House, Chartered Accountants offer a wide range of services associated with the Chartered Accounting profession. These services include annual accounting and accounting officer duties, company compilations, independent reviews, tax advice, tax planning, tax compliance, trust accounting and administration services and value added services. Company and CC secretarial services are also provided for existing clients.
Accounting & Secretarial Services
Given the constant changes and increased complexity of business and tax legislation, combined with rigorous compliance monitoring and frequent imposition of significant penalties, the preparation of sound financial records is an absolute necessity for all businesses. So too is compliance with statutory requirements both in terms of accuracy and ability to withstand an audit. We provide the following services:
- Assistance in interpreting financial information in order to make sound business decisions;
- Preparation of annual financial statements for all business entities and submission of applicable tax returns;
- Independent reviews
- Drafting and completion of all necessary returns and applications to the Registrar of Companies;
- Company formations, CIPC updates and amendments.
- Providing “Financial Manager support” to Owner Managers until such time as the business can sustain a Financial manager
- Cash Flow Management
- Strategic Business Planning
- Analysis of current business policies and assistance in developing and enhancing business policies
- Succession Planning
Tax Compliance & Advisory Services
Taxation, and the timely administration thereof, has become increasingly complex as the Government strives to widen the net and improve collections. We can assist clients to confidently navigate through the complexity of the current tax environment to ensure that all obligations are met timeously. Our range of services include:
- Assessing whether a client is liable for income tax and provisional tax, and the associated administration of registration/deregistration with SARS;
- Compilation of detailed tax schedules showing the client’s tax liability or refund due;
- Preparation of a capital reconciliation which reconciles your net asset value at the beginning of the tax year to your net asset value at the end of the tax year. This is a reasonableness check to ensure that you are declaring all your income, before SARS starts asking questions.
- Completion and submission of tax returns via SARS eFiling for individuals, trusts, companies and CC’s;
- Completion and submission of provisional tax forms via SARS eFiling;
- Payments of tax liabilities where Harvard House administers a Nedbank Corporate Saver account on behalf of the client;
- Advice relating to complex tax matters specific to each client’s situation;
- Updates on changes to tax legislation;
- Provision of specialized tax services due to changes in prevailing legislation.
Trust Accounting & Trust Administration Services
The use of trusts has become increasingly popular in recent times as an effective means of estate planning. However, the legal and tax environment has become increasingly complex, requiring trustees to be vigilant and diligent in the application of their duties. Our expertise can assist with:
- Comprehensive advice on the use and structure of both new and existing trusts;
- Guidance and advice to trustees in ensuring that decisions are in line with the provisions of the Trust Deed and the relevant legislative environment;
- Trust administration services in terms of drafting resolutions and making recommendations to Trustees on distributions, taking minutes at meetings and maintaining a minute book
- Trustee secretarial services, for all changes, to the Master of the High Court;
- Compliance with all statutory requirements;
- Annual processing of bank statements and portfolio statements for investment trusts that are not VAT registered
- Accounting and compilation of annual financial statements;
- Completion of all taxation requirements.